PULSÍTOS does Mediterranean Chickpea and Red Kidney Bean salad
The sun is out, the birds are singing, the rosé is flowing (perhaps!) and life is good-ish; for the most part despite the world being in lockdown. Well today's the time to turn your garden into a Mediterranean haven. Get some Rosalía blasting out of the speakers and fill your face with this awesome healthy #guiltfree pulse salad. Here we go!
Lift Your Mood With Food!
Mediterranean Chickpea and Red Kidney Bean Salad
For this recipe, you will need:
(Enough for 2 people, total time 11 mins)
- 1/2 400g Can/Jar of chickpeas: drained and rinsed
- 1/2 400g Can/Jar of red kidney beans: drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Red onion: finely sliced into rings
- 1/4 Red pepper: cut into thin slithers
- 1/4 Cucumber: sliced
- Handful of pitted kalamata or black olives: drained and sliced in half
- 1/2 pack of feta chees: crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 8 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil: poured
- 5 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar: squirted
- A couple of chilli dried chilli flakes (depending on your tolerance)
To make the salad, you will need to:
1. Simply toss all of the ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
To make the dressing, you will need to:
1. Either shake in a jar (with lid...) or whisk in a separate bowl all of the dressing ingredients with a fork until it all comes together.
2. Add a pinch of salt and grind of pepper to season.
3. Pour over the salad and = DONE
If you make the dressing in advance, store it in the fridge but be warned the oil and lemon juice will separate. There's nothing wrong with it, simply give it a shake before you use it again and all will be fine.
11 ingredients + 11 minutes of effort = 22 minutes of enjoyment (or longer if you end up finishing the bottle of rosé).