PULSÍTOS does Fava Beans with Peas and Pancetta
Fava Beans - for us, the whole reason we exist! We can't get enough of them.
Usually our favas are dried then roasted and sent off to the shops as grab&go snacks. But for this recipe, we decided to cook some fresh favas with ionion and pancetta then added some garden peas to give the dish a double pulse hit!
This is a really easy yet delicious dish.
So Lift Your Mood With Food!
Fava Beans with Peas and Pancetta
For this recipe, you will need:
(Serves 2, total time 20 mins - inc de-shelling the favas)
- Two handfuls of fresh fava bean pods (peeled)
- 1/2 Onion: diced
- Smoked pancetta (about 65g or one small pack)
- 1 Garlic clove: minced
- 1 Small glass of dry white wine
- Equal amount of frozen garden peas to fava beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
To make this delicious dish, you will need to:
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
2. Add the diced onion and pancetta and mix it up.
3. Fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. Add the minced garlic clove and fry for 5 more minutes
5. Add white wine.
6. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add fava beans and peas.
8. Stir for a few more minutes.
*Serve with a toasted baguette, smothered in extra virgin olive oil and tomato with a little flaked salt.