Cannellini beans are the most famous of all Italian pulses and with good reason!
Combined with the saltiness of the prosciutto, the delicious nutty and creamy flavour of the beans makes for an awesome super simple, but healthy, mid-week salad!
Minted Melon with Prosciutto and Cannellini Beans
For this recipe, you will need:
(Serves 2, total time 12 mins with prep)
- 400g tin of cannellini beans: drained
- Handful of fresh mint (about half a pack): leaves stripped from the stalks and roughly chopped
- 3 Fresh tomatoes: diced
- 3 Slices of prosciutto
- 300g of Melon (either a golden honeydew or santa claus is best), skinned and diced into bitesize chunks.
- 1 Tablespoon of runny honey
- 1 Tablespoon of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
To make this delicious dish, you will need to:
1. Add it all together in a large mixing bowl: cannellini beans, melon, tomatoes, proscuitto (simply torn up), mint and dressing.
2. Mix with a shake of the bowl.
3. Of course, scatter some Mediterranean Herbs PULSÍTOS over the top for an added crunch.