The best of both worlds. Chickpeas are brilliant and nutritious and so are cannellini beans. A bolt of inspiration — why not add them together and whizz them to make a great tasting hummus! Here we go!
So Lift Your Mood With Food!
Chickpea and Cannellini Bean Dip
(Serves 2, total time less than 7 mins)
For this recipe, you will need:
- 400g Can/Jar of Chickpeas: drained
- 400g Can/Jar of Cannellini Beans: drained
- 100g of Greek yogurt: dolloped
- 1/2 Lemon: zested
- 1 Lemon: juiced
- 1 Garlic clove: smashed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
To make this delicious dish, you will need to:
1. Add about 3/4 of the chickpeas and the cannellini beans into a food processor.
2. Add everything else.
3. Whizz it all up for 90 seconds (you want a fairly thick consistency but with no big bits).
4. Add the rest of the chickpeas and beans and whizz for another 10 seconds or so — now you want chunky bits (or not if you prefer it to be smooth).
*Serve with some crudites for a simple easy way to get 3/4 of your 5 A Day! Boom.